Brief Biographical detail of Robin Gaskell
- Born Sydney 15 Sep 1936.
- Happy childhood in Australia, despite the War.
- Bachelor of Agriculture degree 1960.
- Diploma in Education 1961.
- Teaching for most of professional life: Science, Maths.
- For the past fifteen years have worked as a suburban rail guard in
- Joined the Baha'i Faith in England in early 1977.
- Met Ronald Clark and Wendy Ashby in Christchurch, Dorset, in mid
1977. Have been in contact ever since.
- Have been on the Internet since about 1991; most of this with the
Conlang Mailing List.
- Have experienced the Language Problem at first hand: taught two
years in a school for foreign children (Spyways School, Swannage); now
live in the Asian enclave in Sydney (Cabramatta).
- Divorced with two children; my daughter is now staying with me.
- Hope to retire soon: wish to do research in Agricultural Radionics,
and work as a consultant in this area, in retirement.
- I Worry about Australia's loss of sovereignty, largely through the
signing of UN treaties that only reach parliament after they have been
- For spiritual reasons I oppose the current aggressively exploitative
mood of the world, and pray that it will soon end. I trust that before
this happens, I will not have lost too much of my freedom.
- I played Jazz forty years ago, and am practising on the trombone to
be ready to enjoy music, again, in my retirement.
Return to Main Menu