Nordamerika : Wetter und Nachrichten
Nordamerikanische Zeitungen und Zeitschriften
Bolded titles are the ones that I've tried and recommend...
- A North American weekly newspaper. This is one of the two newspapers
to which I subscribed. A good mix of international, Germany
and USA news. It has the Lesemaus, a book service which also
provides reviews of new releases. In March 2002,
Amerika Woche incorporated Washington Journal and thus now also
provides additional information about the Northeast.
- A monthly German language magazine. I ordered a sample copy and it arrived very quickly, in less
than a week. 52 pages of general interest articles, history,
travel, recipes, stories, humor. Formerly Die Hausfrau,
it's really oriented more to an older, and feminine, audience, but
it does have something for everybody. I subscribed for a time but
later dropped it due to insufficient free time.
German American Journal
- DANK: Deutsch Amerikanischer National Kongress
New Yorker Staats-Zeitung
- A weekly newspaper, free sample upon request.
- A weekly newspaper. This is one of the two newspapers to
which I subscribed (and the one that I kept when I had to choose
between them!). It contains more news of Germany, slightly less
international and USA news than some other newspapers. Serialized
and short stories. Based in the Midwest, so the USA news and
advertisements focus on the Midwest.
Am 20. September 2018 aktualisiert.